Base DJ Events Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
1. This contract reflects the verbal agreement. It shall include any terms agreed prior to its issue. It shall be deemed un-accepted unless the booking form and retainer reservation fee is received by within 14 working days of the issuing date. No alterations may be made to this contract by hirer / contracted artiste’s / crisis cover entertainers without prior approval consent from. Please Note: by completing and sending this booking form, you agree that you are making a confirmed booking and entering into a contract which carries your acceptance, in full, of the booking terms.
2. The Client shall have the right to cancel the booking by serving upon the Dj not less than 28 clear days notice in writing. In the event of the client wishing to cancel this contract agreement for any reason other than Act of God or National Disaster, any advance reservation payment will be forfeited.
2.1 A cancellation fee of not less than 50% of the agreed fee will be due if the cancellation is within fourteen days of the performance.
2.2 A cancellation fee of not less than 75% of the agreed fee will be due if the cancellation is within seven days of the performance.
2.3 The whole of the agreed fee will be due if cancellation is within 48 hours of the performance.
3. Reservation fee: you agree to our reservation fee of £25 which is payable in advance to Base Dj Events. The reservation fee is deducted from the total payable.
4. The Balance should be paid either by cheque or in cash to the Dj once equipment has been set up and sound check completed. (Please note cheque not acceptable for balance payment on the night we operate a no pay no play policy). We are happy to accept full payment on booking.
5. In the unlikely event that the Dj is unable to attend personally due to accident or sudden illness, the Dj shall endeavour to provide a suitable substitute offering a similar service at no additional charge to the client.
6. Force Majeure – Base DJ Events will not be liable for failing to attend a booking, where the reason for non-attendance or late arrival is caused by adverse weather conditions (including Snow & Flooding), road closure, road traffic accident, vehicle breakdown, fuel shortages, acts of terrorism, industrial action, or other unavoidable circumstances deemed beyond our control.
7. The hirer will appreciate that suitable time for venue access, safe installation and dismantling and safe removal of equipment from venue is required in addition to performance time. Therefore, the hirer and venue will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling and removal of disco equipment (up to 60 minutes each side of the booking times). Where appropriate, the hirer will also inform the venue, in advance, of artiste(s) requirements. Please note: the Dj shall not be liable for any additional charges levied to the client by the venue in relation to equipment assembly / removal timescales.
8. We require a minimum area of 2.5m deep by 3m wide for a standard disco
8.1 The hirer will ensure that safe and adequate power is available for artiste’s performance. (Minimum of 2 X 13amp sockets located within 5M of performance area).
9. The hirer ensures that they have verified venue power sources are electrically safe and conform to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and amendments thereafter. Copies of venue Electrical Installation Safety Certificate (Periodic Inspection Report to NIC EIC standards) must be made available upon request by the venue under LAW.
10. Base Dj Events agree to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance and certifications as required by the venue.
11. The hirer agrees to provide adequate supervision of guests and will ensure that venue management adequately supervises customers and or staff on site premises. Please note: Where the function may include guests under the age of 16 years, the client, (or parent) is responsible for the behaviour and safety of any minors attending the venue. The client will provide and maintain adequate adult supervision at all times. the Dj will not be liable for the supervision of minors.
12. Unwarranted Abuse or threatening behaviour from hirer’s guests or venue management or venue staff will not be tolerated and will result in the performance being terminated with no loss to the artiste(s) or the Dj
13. The hirer agrees that compensation for any loss of or damage to performing artists(s) equipment, vehicle(s) or personal belongings caused by hirer’s guests, venue customers and or venue staff may be sought including any additional costs.
14. The hirer agrees that the confirmed entertainment start and finish times as specified in the contract are accurate and correct. Any extension beyond the confirmed finish time is at the discretion of the DJ and the management of the venue and chargeable at £35 per hour.
15. We will accept music requests in writing in up to 3 days prior to the booking and will do our utmost to play clients chosen requests, and we are happy to take individual requests on the night.
The client also agrees that Base DJ Events cannot guarantee the inclusion of any deleted, obsolete or difficult to source requests either in writing or on the night of the booking.
15.1 Please be advised that Base Dj Events reserves the right to play any track requested that contains explicit lyrics.
16. We will not be liable for any refund, in part or whole, where ‘we’ are late accessing the venue and setting up purely because of earlier events over-running, or where ‘we’ are prevented from accessing, setting up or providing our professional services by the venue management. Neither will the Dj be obligated to provide an extension to the agreed timescale on a pro-rata basis in these circumstances.